Attention - Keep an eye out for scholarship information in Spring 2021!
PRESS RELEASE – SEPTEMBER 2020
Central Michigan Manufacturers Association announces winners of 2020 scholarships!
For the past ten years, the CMMA has provided two scholarships each year to applicants from around the region. Each scholarship is in the amount of $2,500. The scholarship competition has grown in popularity every year. This year’s competition was very strong. To be eligible to apply, the applicant must either work at a CMMA member business or have a family member that works at one. And, the applicant must be going into a field of study that aligns with a manufacturing business.
This year’s scholarship winners are Kaden Campbell and Joanna Crain.
Kaden Campbell is in his sophomore year at Ferris State University where he is working toward an associate degree in mechanical engineering and wants to continue on and earn a bachelor degree in manufacturing engineering.
Joanna Crain is starting her sophomore year at Central Michigan University majoring in mechanical engineering technology with a minor in Spanish.
Both Joanna and Kaden have connections to Michael Engineering in Mt. Pleasant.
For information about future scholarship competitions or career opportunities in manufacturing, contact Harry Leaver, Executive Director, at 989-798-7966 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
CMMA SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Up to two (2) $2,500 scholarships awarded annually.
- Scholarships will be issued in the form of a two-party check, made payable to the educational resource and the scholarship recipient.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Applicant must be an employee (or direct family member of an employee) of a CMMA member company.
- Applicant must have maintained a 2.5 GPA or better.
- Applicant must be planning to become enrolled, or currently enrolled, in an advanced (post-high school) degree, including vocational programs, trade school, or licensed apprenticeship program.
- Applicant must demonstrate how the program in which he or she intends to enroll relates to the CMMA mission of promoting manufacturing.
In selecting qualified applicants to receive scholarships, reviewers will give preference to the following which are listed in order of most important to least important:
- The written portion of the applicant’s scholarship application that describes the applicant’s desire for a career in the fields of manufacturing, engineering or another manufacturing-related field.
- The Applicant’s essay, stating in their own words, their personal and educational plans, how they chose them, who or what influenced them, why this scholarship would be helpful in allowing them to achieve their career goals, and how the program he or she intends to enroll in relates to the CMMA mission of promoting manufacturing.
Submit Application Online
Applications are currently closed.
Previous Scholarship Recipient Alexander Wehner
Previous Scholarship Recipient Benjamin Cull