Received from CMMA Town Hall Meeting
- From 20% to 50% of manufacturers in the region.
- Referral program (If a current member signs someone up, they get something like a free golf sponsorship.)
- Create a thumb drive as a handout during recruiting – video’s, PowerPoints, photo’s , etc., etc.,
- Fact-based marketing.
- Speakers. Roundtable to go out to schools, Rotary, Chamber. – Dave Stevens is interested in helping.
- “What goes on behind closed doors” – short video on what happens at various industries – How things are done in a manufacturing setting – Bill Henderson.
- CMU broadcasting and other media outlets to reach a new audience. – Marketing advice?
Training and Career Development
- LEAN Bootcamp and conferences.
- Provide a career vs. a job – John Leppien.
Education Collaboration & Curriculum
- How to influence.
- Hold manufacturing-rated events at the Mt. Pleasant Discovery Museum – Dave Stevens.
- Use Junior Achievement – Bill Henderson.
- Invite teacher’s into the factory for a 2 week job shadow experience – they become recruiter – Paul Aultman has had success with this approach.
Enhance Member Services
- What can we do for you?
- Coordinate with JAMA and others for events, training, networking, etc.
- Create a “Materials SIG” – purchasing, inventory, and logistics.
- Supply Chain SIG – Alison Haverkamp.
- Engineering SIG – Allison Haverkamp.
- Searchable CMMA website for members, similar to Pure Michigan’s PMBC website.