Special Interest Group
The CMMA Education Special Interest Group meets monthly, averaging 25 attendees, including representatives from manufacturing firms, Mid Michigan College, and CMU. District and RESD superintendents, together with economic development personnel round out the list.
- Rotating industry tours/open houses: Assist manufacturers who hold facility tours to demonstrate the reality of manufacturing to students and their parents.
- The G-I Tech Mt. Pleasant Campus holds an annual career day, with area manufacturers highlighting career opportunities. The Education SIG provides support for this project.
- Reverse Career Fair: Support the Clare-Gladwin RESD annual Reverse Career Fair.
- Junior Achievement: Encourage Industry participation with this program.
- Teacher Externship: Provide on-the-job working experiences for teachers.
- Educator Industry Tour: The RESD annually facilitates a tour of interested educators at various regional businesses.
- Morey Flex Tech School: The Education SIG is working with the Morey Foundation to act in an advisory capacity for the school.
- SME Educational Foundation–Partnership Response In Manufacturing Education (PRIME): The CMMA, MMA, and SME are partnering to implement PRIME across the CMMA four-county region. PRIME brings resources to schools to enhance their Career Technical Programs, facilitating relationships between manufacturers and educators, with the goal of promoting manufacturing as a career choice.
To support Central Michigan Industries by consistently and effectively informing and engaging our youth, their parents, and educators in promoting skilled trades career opportunities available in the Central Michigan region.
The first Wednesday of every month.
Location: Winding Brook Conference Center
8240 S Genuine Rd, Shepherd, MI
Bill Henderson & Dawn Thomas
EDUCATION SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
Learn more about the functions of CMMA’s Education SIG and partnerships with the local schools and manufacturers.
CTE ALUMNI SPOTLIGHT
Learn how Career Technical Education programs influence pathways for high school students.
BECOME A MEMBER
Central Michigan Manufacturers Association
Mid Michigan College
Morey Technical Center
2600 South Summerton Road
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858